Warren Dell was the first Junior and Infant school to be erected on the South Oxhey estate with 600 children on roll. The first Head Master was Mr C. Warburton who started teaching children at Warren Dell in May 1949.
When the school first opened the Junior children only attended school for half days due to very high numbers - 360!
Warren Dell was given its name due to the high number of rabbits in the area!
The school that is now Colnbrook was originally Warren Dell Infants. The grounds of the schools did not have any trees or bushes around their perimeter so that the little chapel could be seen by the children.